Hello ASID San Diego Members,
I would like to sincerely thank our past President, Bertha Hernandez, for her leadership and volunteer dedication to our chapter. She led with passion, flair, and an incredible ability to “Pivot” when we entered this twilight zone.
Fast forward to today and I am delighted and honored to represent the San Diego chapter over the course of the next year.
A few things to share today:
- How ASID operates
- Who is the Board of Directors for the chapter?
- What are we (your Board members) up to this year?
- How can YOU be involved?
ASID National is the biggest Interior Design organization and is constantly working to build a strong, “highly-educated, socially-conscious design community”. They work on:
- Legislative issues - elevating the recognition of Design Professionals
- National Student Portfolio Competitions
- Research related to our profession
- Recognizing emerging & seasoned leaders
- Providing Grants supporting sustainable building & design to enhance the human experience
Every chapter is run by volunteers. Our Board of Directors consists of a group of design professionals, an Industry Partner & a Student Representative. There are several committees helping the board with the workload. We are here to Build & Care for our Design Community.
- We have monthly events and more planned. Community Circles – Monthly geographically placed meetings for Designers, Students, and Industry Partners to come together. Design Excellence Award, Mood Board Competition with our Design Community & Prizes, Partnership with Humble Design to furnish a home for a family who was previously homeless, IP Expo & Student Career Day, Showroom Crawls & a Summer Social. Yes, now we are on Zoom, but someday…..we will again be together!
Having said all that, I need to ask for your help. Remember that all the work you see is done by a handful of volunteers? We are expanding our committees and welcome YOU to be involved.
Why? There are many reasons, from exposure to local IP’s & practitioners, a genuine desire to bring change, to helping, and to guide students. All our Board Members are just fabulous humans who love our community.
CALL TO ACTION
We need you to apply for volunteer committees. It’s an exciting time to be a volunteer for our Chapter, to meet seasoned Designers, Industry Partners & increases your network of Design Professionals working together to educate & support our Design Community.
We are here to listen to feedback & ideas. Please reach out to me directly to learn more.
Susan “Suzi” O’Brien